Monday, July 2, 2012

June 2012


June was a big month for our family! The biggest event being the birth of Maya Elise on June 4th! You can read more about her birth below.






Scott sold his Miata to help pay for the Toyota Sienna we bought a few months ago in preparation for our growing family. Bye bye Miata, you will be missed :(  Hopefully Scott will be able to buy a fun car again someday!



 Scott has also been working hard on evenings and weekends to create a mobile app for couriers. You can see his website here. Watch the instructional video he made by clicking the play button on the web page.

Noah's Birthmom Neena fly from Hawaii for a visit.


My sister Katie came to visit and to help out. She was my #1 baby holder, and played lots with the boys, and did all my laundry! It was so fun to hang out and I really appreciated the help!






Maya's Birth Story
On Saturday June 2nd both our birthmothers came with us to a water park to play with the boys. I had Braxton Hicks all day. By 9pm I started wondering if it was more than false labor. By 10pm they hurt pretty bad and I was sure I was in labor. I woke up Scott at 12:30 and we called the midwife to give her a heads up. We planned on a natural home birth. We labored through the night on our own. It was so painful, and harder than I thought to stay focused and in control. At 7a.m the midwife came. She was so nice and stayed with me until 6pm. I was soooo tiered and really struggling. I was asking to go to the hospital for an epidural. She gave me some benedryl which got me drowzy enough to fall asleep inbetween contractions. After an hour I felt refreshed. My midwife went home for a rest and we decided to have a doula come. Scott got a little break to rest and eat with the arrival of the doula. She also brought a fresh perspective and got me through the next few hours of labor. Around 11pm Sunday night I was ready to push. My two midwives arrived and started setting up for the birth of the baby. My contractions were 10 minutes apart, so I had plenty of time to rest. It only took four contractions for her to be born.  I had some hemmoraging after the birth, but the midwives were skilled and took care of everything without a problem. By the time the midwives were done taking care of me and the baby, and everything was cleaned up, it was 4 am!! It was a great birth and I was so happy to be able to do it in our own home!

Just after Maya's birth







Maya this Month

Maya has been doing great for her first month in the world! She mostly still just sleeps. She is eating great and now weighs 7.9 lbs. She is a very alert baby when she is awake. She is a very happy baby too, except for periods of fussiness in the evenings. Night times are my favorite. Maya and I snuggle all night long. I often wake up to notice I have drooled all over her head. I have been so sleepy lately! She sleeps through the night most of the time and just wakes up once to eat.



Daniel This Month

Daniel is 18 months old now! Hooray! That means he can go to the nursery during Sunday school  now! 

Daniel had his 18 month doctors apt last week. He is in the 90% for height! I did not expect that.  He didn't have to have any shots, which I was happy about.
Daniel recently learned how to give a high five. He is just starting to shake his head when I am telling him not to do something. 
Daniel is working on 8 new teeth, which will make a grand total of 16!

Daniel loves to come over and sit on your face if you are laying on the ground. Noah is usually his favorite. 
Daniel LOVES the water and has so much fun when we take him to a pool. 





Noah This Month
Noah is an energetic boys these days as can be expected for a 3 year old boy. He  loves to wrestle and run around, jumping from the couches and table. He loves to dig around in the dirt in the garden.
He often calls us Holly and Scotty. He LOVES Maya and always wants to hold her, sing to her, protect her, rock her, etc.
I better go to sleep, more details to come....










2 comments:

Genaw Family said...

Congratulations on the arrival of your beautiful daughter!!!

Katie said...

Great blog! Thanks for including me!Love and miss you guys!