Thursday, August 1, 2013

August

I am starting out August strong! I am building a fire pit. It was soooo much work to dig up the grass, but now that that is done, I  hope to make some quick progress and to finish it up in time to have a little camp out on Saturday.

We are adding an apt. to our basement but it is completely unfinished. We hired someone to come do the big stuff and then Scott will finish it up. The renovation stars next week and I am very excited about that. Having the apt in is the first step to me not having to do the route any more.

I will try to post some pictures as I continue my work on the fire pit.


update:
The basement is coming along great and the contractors are just finishing up their part.

The fire pit turned out great and we have had some fun evenings together as a family by the camp fire.

We just got back from another awesome family vacation at Rehoboth beach in Delaware. The kids loved the ocean. It was so much fun!

I have been working in the nights picking up bulk mail from the DC post office for 5 months now! I have finally started to adjust to my new schedule. Scott does two days a week for me which has been helping a lot.

Noah started preschool today! He was so excited, he could hardly wait! Noah is so clever and so sweet and is growing up wayyyy to fast! Slow down Noah! Noah is a great problem solver. He loves to work. He loves to impress and please us. He loves to ride his little 4 wheeler(not a real 4 wheeler) He wants to learn to break dance and is starting a hip hop dance class next week. Noah loves pirates and is already asking to have a pirate birthday party next year. Noah was so excited that he and Scott set up the tent and slept in it all night. He said he was soooo cold! Noah is clever and bright and sweet and thoughtful and I love him so much!!

Maya is blowing us away, as always as she continues to develop so fast! She is doing so good at learning how to talk. he and Noah are so close, and he is her protector and comforter. Maya loves to come crying to me, and when I ask what is wrong she says, "Daniel! Daniel!" Maya loves to sing, the itsy bitsy spider and knows the actions. Maya eats almost anything. Maya still cries almost every time we are in the car. Maya loves to help me clean the house. Maya loves to swing on the tire swing in our backyard. Maya is my little buddy and I love her so much!!

Daniel is still honestly a little tricky at times as he still has a hard time communicating and fusses ALOT! He is making great progress though after 6 months in a speech program. Daniel also is at a stage that he loves to get into EVERYTHING. He loves to find my make up and dig his finger into my lipstick, he colors on walls, he gets out the flour or the sugar and dumps it on the ground. He gets into the freezer every chance he gets(which now has a lock on it) and would take the ice cream to hid behind the lazy boy and eat it with his hands. He has dipped my cell phone in a glass of water, if he ever gets his hands on anything liquid, he will open it and pour it on the only carpet downstairs...this boy is really a handful these days! Daniel LOVES swimming. He LOVES sweets. He loves to hide. He HATES monsters. He loves TV unfortunately. Daniel is a joker and loves to make you laugh. Daniel loves to snuggle. He is super outgoing and says hi to everyone he passes. He says, "Hi! How you doin!" He also says, "Ya, Cool, Awesome!" when he likes an idea, which is super cute. He is my sweet snugely baby and I love him so much!!

I feel so blessed to be the mom of these three amazing children!


No comments: