Friday, August 3, 2012

30 Days of Fun Challenge

Life is busy with three little ones, and I am ashamed to say that I resort to using the ipad WAY too much with the boys lately. I have decided to challenge myself to a few goals for this month.

Goal #1 I have decided to put the ipad to rest except for an episode of Signing time, Dora, or Curious George at snack time.

Goal #2 Read at least 3 books to them in the day, aside from their night time stories Goal

#3 Do at least one fun activity a day.

Day 1: Playing with Flour and Toilet Paper (although not at the same time)
I gave Noah some expired whole wheat flour to play with while Noah was sleeping. I hid a bunch of pennies in it for him to dig through and find. My little bit of effort paid off when Noah exclaimed, "Mom! I'm having so much fun!!!!"




When Daniel woke up, he was anxious to join in the fun.



I decided to move the flour to a big container so that Daniel could sit in it. 



 Later in the afternoon I gave the boys a roll of toilet paper to play with. Noah had fun making a huge mess, and giving me an awesome necklace. Daniel would happily unravel all the toilet paper in the bathroom if we don't keep an eye on him, but when he was handed the roll, it didn't seem so appealing. He got board pretty quick and started looking around the room to see if he could find the ipad.  That kid loves his shows! Sorry Daniel, time to play!



1 comment:

Katie said...

That is a great idea Holly! How are you adjusting to three? It looks like Daniel is warming up to her!